As the curtains close once again on New York fashion week, Neighbourhood picks the top moments of the city’s show-stopping spring/summer 18 event.
1.First up, when Bella Hadid helped her sister Gigi after her stiletto wardrobe malfunction during the Anna Sui finale and had a two of a kind moment.
2. The Eckhaus Latta casting – the emerging brand sent Kelela, Paloma Elsesser and the heavily pregnant art program director Maia Ruth Lee down the runway for their spring/summer 18 show.
@eckhaus_latta once again proved that diversifying runways need not be tokenistic yesterday. ⠀ ⠀ Following last season's turn from photographer @collierschorrstudio, SS18 featured appearances from @kelelam, @cocogm and @palomija – as well as heavily pregnant art program director @maia_ruth_lee. 🤰🏻👶🏻⠀ ⠀ 📷 @lillieeiger⠀ ⠀ Read more on dazeddigital.com/fashion 👀⠀
3. When emerging brand Namilia sent a couple of hundred embroidered vaginas down the runway along with some mermaids and a stuffed snake.
4. When Teyana Taylor slammed the haters by being super extra while closing the Philipp Plein show.
When the haters tried to say I was too extra yesterday…..🤔 I turned around and CLOSED ANOTHER RUNWAY SHOW even more EXTRA!! & ima do it AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN cause these b!tches can't take!!! Mc Debra voice 💅🏾💪🏾😩😩😂😂😂😂💼💼💼💼💼 #philippplein #FashionWeek #NYFW #HarlemGirl thank you @philipppleininternational u da shit!!! and @future you killed the live music bro!!! 📹: @imanshumpert
5. Our favourite bad gal closing her Fenty Puma collection on a motorcycle, obviously.
6. Emerging designer Caroline Hu’s otherworldly dress as part of her Parsons Fashion MFA graduate show.
7. Cindy Crawford’s 16-year-old Kaia Gerber’s runway debut at Calvin Klein.
8. Well, just Calvin Klein’s spring/summer 18 show in general.
Building on the heritage-inflected styles debuted last season, the Spring 2018 CALVIN KLEIN #205W39NYC denim offering comes silkscreened by hand with the works of Pop master Andy Warhol. Models on the Spring 2018 runway sported jeans and jackets bearing images of everything from car crashes to portraits of two Warhol muses, actor-artist Dennis Hopper and art collector Sandra Brant. #calvinkleinlive ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ Featuring works by Andy Warhol, produced in collaboration with The Andy Warhol Foundation and Hopper Goods, LLC.
9. Jeremy Scott celebrated 20 years in the fashion industry and sent his friend and iconic model Devon Aoki down the runway 💜⠀
10. The designer even put the 00’s biggest icon on the front row for the ultimate fashion week throwback. #Thatshot
Featured image: Rihanna making her exit from the Fenty x Puma show on the back of a motorbike. Photograph: Brian Ach/Getty Images for Fenty X Puma By Rihanna